"It seems, slowly, bisexuality is being seen as a very real thing. Here’s how you can help fight erasure and increase visibility in your daily lives:
- Fight against stereotypes that bisexuals don’t exist; that being monosexual is “proper”; that bisexuals are “greedy” or “indecisive”; and bisexuals are promiscuous.
- Remember one relationship doesn’t erase or rewrite how a person identifies.
- When discussing bisexuality, nix the qualifiers. It’s not necessary to say something like, “Angelina Jolie is bisexual BUT she’s with a man right now.” Who Jolie is now doesn’t negate how she identifies.
- Don’t assume you know how someone identifies. They decide.
- Increase your support for the bisexual community by acknowledging that bisexuality exists, both in fiction and in real life.
Bisexuality isn’t new, magical, made-up, or a secret. Bisexuality is real and important to acknowledge."
What tips would you add to this list? Please share them in the comments.