Reports To: Chair, Board of Directors
Coordinates With: Membership & Community Committee
The Volunteer Coordinator position exists to connect individuals who have expressed an interest in volunteering specific opportunities to contribute to BOP programs and activities for the purpose of expanding the impact of BOP on the LGBTQIA community.
- Appropriately match volunteers with volunteer opportunities to advance BOP’s programs and activities and provide an excellent volunteer experience.
- Educate committee chairs and project leads about working effectively with a VC in order to maximize everyone’s effectiveness.
- Work effectively within an LGBTQIA organization with volunteers from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems to manage data and work flow.
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form including electronic formats and on the phone.
- Develop volunteer data base from existing data collected in recent years both electronically and in paper records.
- Create a system for tracking individuals who have expressed interest in volunteering with BOP including their skills, interests and a record of their experiences volunteering with BOP.
- Attend meetings as needed to be in touch with the volunteer needs of BOP.
- Improve systems for capturing potential volunteer information.
- Develop systems for recognizing volunteers and acknowledging their contributions to BOP.
Preference will be given to applicants with an understanding of the lived experience of individuals identifying as bisexual, pansexual, fluid and/or queer.
Bisexual Organizing Project (BOP) seeks to contract with an individual to create and maintain a volunteer program to support and expand the programs and activities BOP offers. Initial commitment is expected to be approximately 10 hours per week. This is a paid, 1099 contractor position.
This position will need to develop a volunteer database based on existing data collected both electronically and on paper records. Information will need to be verified and areas of interest identified through contacts with individuals. A system for managing the information about the various needs for volunteers will need to be established and board members, committee chairs and project leads will need to be trained in its use.
It is extremely important that BOP volunteers be satisfied with their volunteer experience so a check in or feedback system will need to be established and responded to. Some training of volunteer supervisors may be necessary to enhance the volunteer experience.
As an all-volunteer nonprofit, it is very important to BOP that the VC not take on additional duties outside the management of volunteer opportunities.
Please direct inquiries and/or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.