Sunday, October 11th 2:00 PM central time we will have our Annual Board Meeting which will include our yearly financial statement and board member elections via ZOOM. Please join us!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 890 9538 4147
Celebrate everything we've accomplished in 2020 and the possibilities that 2021 holds for our future.
BOP's annual presentation is a great way to learn about the history and operations of the organization, and will cover highlights from 2020 and discuss upcoming events and programs of note. The annual election will follow the presentation. Anyone attending the meeting may vote, and nominations are made during the meeting. If you are unable to attend, but wish to participate, please email email@example.com.
How do you get elected to the BOP Board of Directors?? To run for a position, all you have to do is show up to our annual meeting and be nominated, either by yourself or another attendee! Don't forget to bring friends to support and vote for you! The following positions will be elected:
-Chair (two-year term)
-Co-Chair (two-year term)
-Treasurer (two-year term)
-7 At-Large Directors (one-year term)
The BOP Board of Directors is a working board, rather than a governing board. As a BOP board member, you would:
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Expect approximately 2 hours of involvement a week, plus committee and special project work.
- Help to shape BOP's strategic direction and planning for the upcoming year.
- Participate in BOP events such as BECAUSE, Twin Cities Pride, and Celebrate Bisexuality Day, as well as table at events and conferences.
- Provide organizational trainings about the bi+ community
- Make strategic planning decisions in cooperation with the rest of the board.
- Support BOP's goals and programming.
- Be a visible ambassador for BOP at events sponsored by other LGBTQ+ organizations.
Interested in a leadership role with BOP, but want to know more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
October 1 - 3, 2021
St Paul, MN
We hope you will join us for the BECAUSE Conference as it's never been before: a hybrid event of in-person and online workshops, speakers, and social events. With Zoom producers and experienced programming staff, we are developing a new way of experiencing BECAUSE while keeping all the engagement, support, and community that has been at the core of the conference for the last 29 years.
Build, serve and advocate for an empowered bisexual, pansexual, fluid, queer, and unlabeled (bi+) community to promote social justice.
Within the next five years grow Bisexual Organizing Project (BOP) into a successfully-run Upper Midwest nonprofit organization with annual funding of $100,000 that provides community building, education, and advocacy for the bisexual, pansexual, fluid, queer, and unlabeled (bi+) community and our allies.